Creating and incentivising a BUSD pool instead of BNB pool

The security and stability of this pool would benefit Polis price greatly, untethering it from BNB and therefore BTC price and the volatility that comes with it. Giving people more of a fair price. Also reducing LP holders anxiety with the affects of price volatility on their investment.
I would like to hear the community views and to see if we can create a proposal. Thank-you

Creating an Incentivised Polis/BUSD Pool and taking all incentives from Polis/BNB pool. So there is just only one incentivised pool from Polis
  • Im a Polis staker and I Agree
  • Im a Polis staker and I do not Agree
  • Im a Polis LP holder and I Agree
  • Im a Polis LP holder and I do not Agree

0 voters

1 Like

I would rather have two incentivized pools: POLIS/BUSD and POLIS/BNB.
In my opinion having these two pools would be significantly better than only having a single pool. I believe that giving more options for LPing will attract higher TVL than what only a single pool would. The roi is so high currently that even after splitting it between two pools there would be lucrative entry into either pool.
However, if there is only one pool then I agree that POLIS/BUSD would be better than POLIS/BNB.

1 Like

I would like to have 2 LP Pools

I found the idea good too!

IMO I like your idea and i would rather just have one pool. If we split into 2 pools, the liquidity will be shared between these 2, creating more slippage for every trade.

I also like the idea of this pools being POLIS / BUSD rather than POLIS / BNB, as we would be tied to USD price and not to BNB, which can be good in the long term.

2 Likes

There’s also a possible compromise of creating two pools, but with unequal incentivization. I believe that the POLIS/BUSD pair is more important than the POLIS/BNB pair (which I still believe to be necessary and useful). Thus something like this could work:
75% incentive cashflow to POLIS/BUSD pool
25% incentive cashflow to POLIS/BNB pool

There is actually already a polis/busd pair that is incentivized on ZCore Finance. It is already incentivized. Why spend Polis funds to create something that already exists.

I think this propose would be Plutus propose and cost no Polis. Change “BNB/POLIS LP V2” to “BUSD/POLIS LP V2” on polispay.org/farm.

1 Like

That’s true they have 2 pools Zefi and BUSD but the liquidity of these pools are very small. At the time of writing both combined are only $7479

1 Like

The advantages of 1 Big pool instead of multiple pools is that it gives LP holders the best ROI and traders the best price. There no need to keep monitoring to see which is the best pool to be in.

I would like to see two pools and I think that would be ideal, having said that, market conditions may only allow for one to exist. I really like the idea of prioritizing a Polis/BUSD pool.

For reference for new community members, both pools would continue to exist, the only difference would be that the POLIS/BNB pool would stop being rewarded by the Polis protocol, hence we would expect LP providers to abandon the old pool.

2 Likes

push! Lets open a secound Pool !

Which type of pool would you prefer?
  • 1 Creating BUSD pool and keeping BNB pool both incentivised (proportion of the 40% split be decided in another poll)
  • 2 Creating BUSD pool with full incentives (swapping incentives from BNB to BUSD)
  • 3 Keeping full incentives to BNB pool (as they are now) and creating BUSD with no incentives.

0 voters

There is advantages and disadvantages to them all, most have been discussed in the replies. Please think before voting and please ask questions or discuss any thoughts you may have before voting.

I would just like to say I feel really strongly about NOT splitting the incentives between two pools (poll 1) due to mainly arbitrage which will slowly zap out the value of Polis which ultimately the investors will lose out. Also it would not give traders the best deal unless they can split their trade between 2 pools to the ratio of the LP holders and beat the arbitrage bots. However I will support the community what ever they decide.

1 Like

Agreed. We simply don’t have the liquidity to support two pools, so that means traders loose to arbitrage unless they use a multipool aware exchange like 1inch that not everyone will be aware of. Any coins prime pool should be against a stable coin so it isn’t bouncing around with the market changes that affect the other coin in the pair. We are too small, we need price stability. I have all my Polis in the LP currently (which is a big chunk of the pool % wise) and commit to swapping to the POLIS/BUSD pool.

2 Likes

Maybe we should schedule a Plutus Proposal for this pool change now.